Thursday, July 19, 2012

the details

We got our wedding pictures back!! 800 pictures later and I have NO idea how to share these. I have looked through them probably 10 times and I love them too much not to share. Seriously, I teared up looking through them the first time. I considered just posting the proofing log in and password, but decided that was a little TOO much access. With this post I am going to focus on the details. My Mom did such an amazing job with all of the details and my Dad made the backyard look beautiful. I really am so loved and will be forever grateful for everything they did to make it perfect.









When we decided to get married there was no doubt in my mind where I wanted it to take place. I love backyard weddings, and lucky for me my parents have a pretty great backyard.





Not being able to eat cake because of gluten, and not even really liking cake, I opted for something different. The whole idea was "burgers, fries and cherry pies." My Mom and aunts spent hours making 120+ assorted personal size pies. I'm a little bit disappointed there are no pictures of them. For those not wanting pie we had some other yummy treats that are favorites of mine- rice krispies, macaroons, etc.



Burgers Supreme did the catering and I couldn't recommend them more. It was super tasty and they were awesome to work with.



Don't forget the Ice Hut!!



What would a wedding with hamburgers be without personalized mini ketchup bottles?? (I LOVED these)

(they read:
 "Happiness is ketchup on fries
Caroline & Spencer
06.16.2012"

I asked the bridesmaids to all find raspberry colored shoes for the wedding. They all looked super cute!! Spencer may kill me for telling people this, but a woman at his work had on raspberry sandals and he asked her where she bought them. TARGET!! As a gift to the bridesmaids, we gave them all a pair for the reception. Nice find, Spence!!


I've mentioned this before and I'm sure it will come up again & again: Spence LOVES fly fishing. To incorporate a little more of him into our wedding the men all had "fly" boutonnieres (in the correct colors, of course)


One of my very favorite things done for the wedding was the bouquets. I wanted peonies, but didn't want to pay for peonies and wanted something a little bit different. I'd seen fabric bouquets before, mentioned it to my Mom and BOOM! She delivered. They were BEAUTIFUL. I don't feel like pictures even do them justice.



That is about all of the sharing I have in me for today. Thank you SO much to everyone who helped our day come together so perfectly. The countless hours my parents put in on everything, Annette and her mad sewing skills, the baking and last minute perfections from my Aunts and Grandma, my bridesmaids climbing in trees, the men unloading a ton of chairs, and on and on and on and on. Every kind act was felt and will be remembered. I am so blessed.








No comments:

Post a Comment